1. I have spent a lot of hours doing family history the past week. It is AMAZING and addicting. I have been interested in genealogy since I was little and would fill out a pedigree chart with my dad for fun. And it's a wonderful experience when in you're in this mode where you're just prompted to search different combinations of names and such, and you find all these little pieces to the puzzle. My Joseph Smith professor last semester brought an interesting insight that I've been thinking about. He said there was a reason that technology is so quickly changing and other industries in life aren't, such as cars.
Probably one of the main reasons why technology is so quickly changing is because we need to use it for family history work. That's one of our main responsibilities in this life. And I think so many people think it's only for old people to do, when really, the generations around my age, know technology so much more because we've grown up with it. My mom doesn't know how to do most of the things I'm doing. To think that in just my life time, which is only 22 years, we've gone from really old computers/floppy disks/tapesto the cell phones/wireless/all these Apple products/mp3s/phones with internet/social networking. We are so blessed, and we are so blessed because we're suppose to use these tools to build up the kingdom of God! Family history work, sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ...I need to do so much better! So even if you're lines have been mostly researched, it's a big blessing to all those that are trying to find names to INDEX. Anyways, love family history.
2. Thoughts while watching girl's application videos to be Kent's dates on the Mormon Bachelor. Having a love of traveling- most of these girls keep emphasizing that as one of their top things about them.. it makes me laugh a little. To me that's like....chocolate...it's not really something that's unique to you unless you DON'T like it. Call me crazy? But who doesn't like traveling? Traveling= vacation. Maybe talking about certain categories of places you like traveling to would be more noteworthy. Also, people might need to get more creative in their song choice when making photo montages...and think of different songs than "Good Life."
3. Looking at speech ideas on Pinterest makes me SUPER EXCITED TO BE A SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST. I just get excited thinking about being creative and making cute things and games to use with kids during therapy. :D Also, I'm excited that the next time I will have to really job hunt is after grad school, when I can be an SLP. Mostly there's a great shortage, so hello many job opportunities! I finally found a summer job for this summer at Old Navy. Since it's part time I will be helping my mom with a lot of projects.
Anyways, I am so bad at blogging. I keep starting posts and never finish them to a point where I'm fine with posting them. So here we go...I'm posting this sans pictures.
1 comment:
Hey Beautiful! You are basically winning at life right now :) I miss you!!
Post a Comment